Tuesday, June 11, 2013

More drawings available.

I have had such a wonderful response to these drawings and I love doing them.  It's staying creative but with something different.  Gives me time from my oils and the solvents.  So working in gouache and drawing simple moving figures sort of takes me back to my fashion roots.  Does anyone remember those fabulous seasonal catalogs (60's and 70's)  produced by Lord & Taylor?  Everything, and I mean everything, was illustrated in those.  Boy, could I kick myself for getting rid of them through various moves.  One of my favorite fashion illustrators was Fred Greenhill along with Mia Carpenter, Jim Howard, Eula, Rene Gruau and Antonio Lopez along with many others.    

"About to Dance"
Gouache
8" x 5 1/2"
$23
SOLD

"Green Breeze"
Gouache
8" x 5 1/2"
$23
SOLD

"Double your Fun"
Gouache
8" x 5 1/2"
$23

"On the Edge"
Gouache
8" x 5 1/2"
$23


"Swing then Dip"
Gouache
8" x 5 1/2"
$23
SOLD


"This Way"
Gouache
8" x 5 1/2"
$23
SOLD


"They are Young"
Gouache
8" x 5 1/2"
$23
SOLD


"Runs Wild"
Gouache
8" x 5 1/2"
$23
SOLD


"Hipster"
Gouache
8" x 5 1/2" 
$23
SOLD


"Youth Infusing"
Gouache
8" x 5 1/2"
$23
SOLD


"Strappy Sandals"
Gouache
8" x 5 1/2"
$23
SOLD

1 comment:

  1. This series is really wonderful! And I had a look at the illustrators that you mentioned. I love illustrations of any sort; love looking at examples of work. I liked Rene Gruau's in particular. It seemed like he said a lot with a minimal amount of details. Very nice so thank you.

    Hope all is well:)

    ReplyDelete