Saturday, October 12, 2013

The power of value gives me freedom in color.

These images will be in my volume on Value/Tone.  I wanted to show the difference between using two values in one work and jumping to three in the other.  Using the same exact reference I was able to do some experimenting.  




This image below I allowed myself two values.  With keeping that thought up in front of everything else I went ahead and pumped up the color being careful to maintain a cohesiveness with Chroma.  This is one of my jumping off points to help free myself of my inner chains.  And I was thrilled to have this one sell right away in The Knowlton Gallery Show.  Another affirmation for me.  


2 comments:

  1. So much power in the two value work. Did you consciously think notan when you assigned one of your two values to various areas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... strong work, Peggi! And I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering from "inner chains!" Love your DVD's... also just rented Ray's surf painting one and learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete